Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Lower Court

Today I emailed NLL to remind them that we are coming next week for a visit. We, being me and my mom. We have been planning this trip since August and she is just a tad excited to meet her new grandbabies! The last thing I want is to be stranded in the airport in Port-au-Prince without a ride. It has occurred to me to email them on a daily basis to beg them not to forget us. But with the possibility that daily reminders may be a tad bit obnoxious, I settled for a week before reminder and possibly the day before :) Hey, those of you who have been know exactly what I'm talkin' about....

I immediately got an email back stating that they would like for me and my husband to appear at Lower Court on that Friday morning. UM.... that is fine and great. And kind of exciting. Except for one small fact... my husband isn't going to be there!!!

OR IS HE?!?!?

The email went on to say that it is required for both adoptive parents to attend the first court and since I am going to already be there, why not go then. Sounds good to me....

Oh yeah, except the husband doesn't have a plane ticket. Remember, we planned this trip in August and at that time had no idea court would be a possibility yet. And, uh, he was going to be the babysitter back home while I am in Haiti with our other babies..... Hmm..... Normally we would call the grandparents. But one of them will be in Haiti with me. And the other just left a few days ago to drive 13 hours home. Oh me oh my.

So that's where we are right now. Deciding what to do and how we are going to pull it off. Wish us luck.

I just have to say... Those of you who know my husband well, knows he prefers cooler climates and has had concerns about going to Haiti when it can get so terribly hot there, especially during the summer months. I have been praying about this all along and hoping that when we did have to go to court that it would be during the winter when it is not as hot. Thankfully, God listened and prayers were answered when I got that email today!! It is amazing how things are falling into place. You know, when we were originally planning on adopting Javonika and got the call that they wanted us to take her brother as well, I initially freaked out, I'm not gonna lie. We had a plan to adopt one little girl. We weren't planning on two... Certainly not two toddlers who were ten months apart. Whoa! Clearly our plan was not working out how we expected. After stepping back, a friend reminded me that God's plan is always bigger and better than the one we have for ourselves. He never gives us more than we can handle. Many times during this process I have had to remember that and that has become my favorite saying. And, for the record, I can't wait to have 3 little kiddos running around our home :) I can't imagine "the plan" working out any other way!

Won't that be so exciting if the children get to meet their daddy AND their GiGi for the very first time?? Of course, it will be the first time any of us meet our little guy James ~~~ I am soooooo excited!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I hope everything comes together in fun, surprising, "only God" ways! My mom just recently decided we had waited so long that she wants to visit now too, so we are starting to plan a trip! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a question about your adoption process and would love it if you had a moment at some point and could email me. God Bless
    ( mnm1green@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete