Sunday, December 30, 2012

Dispensation Mishap

Things happen.  I keep reminding myself of that.  After looking at the copy of the dispensation that was sent to me and asking a few questions, I found out that our dispensation was actually printed in July, not November as I was originally told.  I don't know what happened.  Not sure if they didn't catch it or if it was lost or what.  I know mistakes happen and there is nothing we can do about it now.... I am just kind of sad that we waited for over 4 months with our file just sitting there while we were supposedly waiting on the dispensation to be printed.  God knows the day that they will come home and it will all happen in His perfect timing.  Right?  The moral of the story, is to trust your instinct and ask questions.  For the first couple of months, I sat back and waited.  When the third month rolled around, I asked if they had checked on it.  By the fourth month, I truly felt like something was not right.  Like either it got lost or there was a problem.  I emailed again and practically begged them to do some checking.  I hated bothering them, but I knew it was not "right" for it to be taking this long.  Low and behold, in November when I went to visit, I was notified that it just got printed.  There is an online version of the Le Moniteur where the names are printed.  I had looked through it over and over looking for the kids' names.  Never saw it.  Even after I got a copy of the printing, I have gone back and looked and I haven't found it.  All that to say, while a good resource, the online version is not necessarily all correct. 

So, where are we now?  Our file went into Parquet.   According to our worker, our dossier is being registered in their tax office.  Then, it will go back to Parquet.  When we exit Parquet, we should have a signed adoption decree and the children will officially have our last name!

1 comment:

  1. I know how that feels - our file was "waiting for Dispensation printing" for 7 months! Turns out it was lost.....always ask questions!!

    ReplyDelete