Sunday, July 1, 2012

Embassy appointment

Last Tuesday I went to the US Embassy in Haiti to file our I-600. Everything went smoothly. We were supposed to be there at 8am. We left the guest house at 6, because you never know what traffic is going to be like in Port-au-Prince. There turned out to be no traffic at all, so we got there with about an hour to spare. Smith met us there and gave me all the paperwork I needed to turn in with our petition. After waiting and waiting, they called me up, took my form, asked a few questions, then had me go sit back down. After waiting some more, they called me back up for my "interview". The interview was actually just asking me a bunch of questions about the kids, how many times we had visited them, about our jobs and kids already at home. It was nothing to be worried about. After she asked me some questions, she gave me a piece of paper with the date and time for our birth parent interview on it. Our birth parent interview is scheduled for August 13 at 8am. Smith will take James & Jovanika's birth parents to the interview. The Embassy will interview them and make sure they understand that the children will be coming to the States and that they are ok with all that. They already know this, but it is a very important part of the adoption process. A "bad" birth parent interview can foil everything. If the parents come across as unsure about the adoption, they can not approve it. So please pray for the interview to go great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment