Tuesday, July 5, 2011

We are approved and a HUGE surprise!

So, we got the approval email we were waiting for!!!!! YAY!!!! We were "officially" approved to adopt Jovanika!!!

SO EXCITING!!!!

And then a few minutes later, we got another email.....

The subject line was "Jovanika has a brother".......

WHAT?!?!?!?!?

After picking my jaw up off the floor, the email said that after starting the file for Jovanika, they realized that she has a little brother, who is 1, also at the orphanage. They do not ever seperate siblings, so we needed to decide if we want to adopt both of them or if we prefer, they can match us up with another girl when one comes available.

Wow. Just wow.


Introducing....

James and Jovanika Whitaker



They are exactly 10 months apart (!!!) and completely adorable. I am just about heartbroken that I didn't know about James when I was in Haiti. I would have loved to have gotten to know him as well as Jovanika.

We planned on getting one little girl. But as my friend reminded me, sometimes God has a better plan than we do for us. I am quite certain this is the case. Although it does nearly blow my mind to think that we will go from one to 3, I know this is all part of the plan and can hardly wait to see what this journey entails.

No comments:

Post a Comment